Friday, May 02, 2008

Back from the dead

Alright, sorry for the haitus in posting, my computer took a shit last week while I was typing an e-mail, or in laymens terms, my hard drive crashed. This makes me happy that I didn't take the route of keeping my running log in microsoft word. But anyways, the rest of last week went very close to perfectly. I finally read "Once a Runner" by John L. Parker Jr. and it more than lived up to its hype. Everyone that runs should read this book, as I was told before I read it. It basically has put me into a mode where all I want to do is race or run 120 miles a week. But anyways...

After the mile 4x400m workout I ran easy for the rest of the week, one day I ran a few 300's to loosen up. And then Sunday was the Yale meet.. Basically I have been looking towards this meet for a huge 5k PR for 3 or 4 weeks now, it will also determine wheter I run at the MAAC meet or not. So I went into the race with the mentality of "I am going to run with these guys and if I go out in 5 minuts then so be it. That is basically what I did, I went through the mile in 5:04 feeling very relaxed. Then I started to settle a bit. I really have to learn to stop doing this. I got to 2 miles in 10:22 and 3 miles in 15:51 and closed in 37 to run 16:28, a 31 second PR. I had to run alone from the mile until about 600 to go. When I was passed by two guys that must have been pretty close behind me. I think if I had some guys to run with throughout the race or if I went out a little bit more conservatively I could have run closer to 16:10, but it is what it is, I am very happy with the time.

For the week I ran 57 miles, the least I have run in over a month, so my legs are feeling very fresh.

Tomorrow I have the 10k at the MAAC meet at Rider University. Another shot at that race and, honestly, I can't wait. I am really hoping to just get in there, be competitive, and fucking run with these guys.

After tomorrow I'll be deciding wheter or not to run one more 5k at Ichan on the 10th or to pack it up and call it a year.

If that is the case I'm going to get right into my summer training. A shell of that will look something like getting back to 70's in the middle to end of May.. building my way up to 80's in June, 90's in July and then a couple or 100+ weeks if I can handle it without breaking down. Basically.. If I make it through this summer in one piece I am going to be a beast.

No comments: