Monday, May 05, 2008

MAAC's

This past weekend was the MAAC meet at Rider.. I finished off the week running easy and feeling pretty good heading into the 10k. When the race went off the race plan was to just hang on to the guys from Marist that were looking to run under 34 mins. The first quarter was 74 and then the first mile was 5:05.. way too fucking fast. I took a step back at that point and let them go. Eventually a runner from Rider came back to me.. probably at about a mile and a half. And I ran completely alone for the rest of the race.

I was rolling 82's and 83's for a good while and then I got one of those fucking stiches around 4 miles and couldn't breath for like 3 laps that had to be around 88 or 89. I was pissed because that never really happens to me, I don't know why it did this time. I was through 5k in 16:51 and then the stich kicked in. I closed alright I suppose, I'm not sure of my mile splits but going out in 5:05 was suicidal, I would have been much better off going out in 5:25. But I'll take it, I ran 34:32 which is over a 2 minute PR from the Merchant Marine Meet.

Sunday I ran 6 miles easy and today I ran 8 with Zach on the Lake Loop.. it ended up being an alright run, we went 6:50-6:50-6:40-6:39-6:25-6:22-6:19-5:46. The last mile was Zach's idea but I just went with it up Manhattan College Parkway so the effort was closer to 5:30 pace. My legs feel alright, beat up still from the 10k but not bad. I decided I'm going to run the 5k at last chance meet at Ichan stadium this Saturday. I think I have one more big PR in me. And I might be getting Joe Mac to pace me through which would be fucking beautiful. That's all for now.

Last week's Mileage: 56

Today: 8

No comments: