Tuesday, May 27, 2008

What's done is done...

Okay, I know I haven't blogged in a while but things have been really crazy for me recently.. first I graduated from College, sad but true, and started my job in the "real world". This past Spring track season was great for me, I posted personal bests in every distance from the mile up and the only reason I didn't PR at distances lower than that is probably because I didn't run them..

4:51 in the mile (in practice)
22:18 for 4 miles
16:28 for 5k
27:30ish for 8k (I say this because my 6 mile split in the 10k was just about 33 flat and I'm guessing).
34:32 for 10k.

With that being said I took 5 days off during senior week and graduation and got back into the swing of things last week running 51 miles and feeling like absolute dogshit. This week I've been feeling much better and should hopefully be right around 65 miles maybe with a workout or two, a long run around 12 or 13 and some biking mixed in there.

The races I would like to hit for the summer are the Boilermaker up in Utica (15k), on July 13th. And the Boston Half Marathon on October 12th.. Basically the training will be very simple, just a ton of miles with a tempo, long run and some sort of fartlek each week. I'll be ready to roll.

No comments: