Thursday, May 08, 2008

Gross

Today is an absolutely disgusting day out. It's 77 degrees and all humidity. Yesterday I had a ladder workout to get ready for the 5k this weekend. We did 1000-800-600-400-300-200-200. I felt awesome in this workout and was just rolling. I went 3:12 for the 1000, 2:32 for the 800, 1:48 for the 600, 1:07 for the 400, 49 for the 300, and 31-30 for the 200's. It was awesome, I felt like at any point I could have really stepped it up a notch and ripped but that wouldn't have done any good at this point.

Today I ran easy with Coach, Joe Cat and Brendan for 7 miles and felt like I was going to throw up every step I took. I guess I ate too much for lunch.. but otherwise I am so ready for Saturday and I am excited for a big PR. The race isn't until 8:55 so I have all day to do whatever. It's at Icahn stadium which is a pretty rippin fast track and it will be under the lights which will be very very cool. We'll see what happens but as of right now I want to go out in 5:05 and then see what happens. Holding 76's per lap for as long as possible should work out alright. We'll see! That's all for now. Tomorrow is an easy run and some strides.

Wednesday: 8

Thursday: 7

"When you're a competitive runner in training, you are constantly in a process of ascending. It's not something most human beings would give a moment of consideration to, that it is actually possible to be living for years in a state of constant betterment. To consider that you are better today than you were yesterday or a year ago, and that you will be better still tomorrow or next week. . . . That if you're doing it right, you are an organism constantly evolving toward some agreed-upon approximation of excellence." John L. Parker in Again to Carthage

1 comment:

supakiwesta said...

<3 penis