Saturday, April 19, 2008

Trust

I am starting to realize that the things I have been doing everyday (i.e. abs, pushups, lifting, trying to eat semi-well) aside from running are really beginning to pay off. The only reason I can muster up a 200m stride faster than 33 without looking like I've never run a step in my life is because I've done all of that stuff. I think I have put on close to 5 pounds in muscle but that is something I am okay with at this point, being I'm still right around 145.

That being said I had another baller workout yesterday. I've been saying that a lot lately so I am fucking expecting it to pay out next sunday at Yale. I ran 2.5 miles easy with Joe Mac and Joe Cat, then got into a 4 mile tempo which Joe Mac took me through. It was spot on, another "clockwork" workout. We went 5:39-5:38-5:38-5:40. I was very relaxed and just on cruise control through the first mile, when we got to the lake loop the hills hurt a bit but I tackled them. The last mile got a little difficult, but it was nice to hear Joe's voice and have him bring me through and push me. He kept telling me to trust my training, relax and just find the rhythm. I tried, it's hard, but I thought about Ryan Hall and how smooth his form is - at Joe's suggestion - and just rolled with it. If I had to I could have run that pace to 10k, it would have fucking hurt, but I could have done it. Which would have been a PR close to 2 mins, and that's on the road. I know that I am fit, I have to be fit, after all that I have done it's inevitable. It has to come together, it just does, "It's not fucking rocket science" is the mentality that I am adopting, run a lot, run hard, get better.

Daily Mileage: 9

"If I were given 6 hours to cut down a tree I would spend the first 4 hours sharpening the axe."

No comments: